Friday, July 18, 2008

BBQ Salmon for Kids

If you have read my recent post about encouraging my kids eating Omega-3 Vitamins, I still wanted them to get more Omega-3 at least twice a week. This time, David and I gambled ourselves by encouraging our kids to get into eating the BBQ Salmons with Herbs.

Naturally, the boys had a negative reaction when they saw four small pieces of BBQ Salmon on their dish for dinner. We told them that it really does the brain good. It was not easy for Dylan to accept the fact because he knew we sometimes find our way around to get him into something. Thus, it did not convince him until he saw his younger brother rambled everything in this mouth: BBQ Salmon

Ryan as usual was the opposite. He acted like he was starved but he loved the Salmon! Actually, he was the kind of a person who nearly would try anything new.

Eventually, Dylan shut his eyes and put one small piece of Salmon with lemon in his mouth. He announced, "It is the most delicious Salmon I ever eaten!" Then, we told him about the Brotherly Bear from Disney movie who loves to catch Salmon and eat it. His eyes grew bigger and said he wanted to go camping nearby the river, so he can catch more Salmon like the grizzly bear.

I would not mind to eat the BBQ Salmon as long there are no grossing looks on a fish. Personally, I REFUSED to eat any fish that has dead eyes, gills, fins or skins left on a dish. That even counts on looking at the fish whenever go out to fish market. You would not want to be around with me; otherwise, I seriously would puke. David was the ones who is more braver to eat the fish even straight from the river before cooking the fish.

Not only being stubborned, I would even eat the left -over BBQ Salmon. Out from the refrigerator, I would put it on the Ritz Cracker. Truthfully, it is really DELICIOUS If you are a fish lover, then you ought to try it.

Our destination has paid it off by encouraging our sons eating the BBQ Salmon. Let's hope they will be Seafood lovers just like us.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I am glad your boys ate that salmon! For myself, I H-A-T-E fish. It just makes me gag and puke. I can't understand why anyone would like that fishy taste. The smell makes me sick too. Anyone who eats fish, they're brave people in my book! :)

Pretty smart, getting that Omega-3 in them this way! Is this why you like eating soy beans for breakfast?

Anonymous said...

pfffffft @ nik! hahaha im seafood lover! the salmon looks so tasty!! gimme recipe!! what you add into the salmon and am glad boys like them as well. xoxo

Laura and the family said...

I am more than willing to eat soy beans for breakfast. In fact, I have not had soy milk in a VERY LONG time. It is because my husband and the boys are not fond of soy stuff. But at least, I already convinced my husband to change from Vitamin D Milk to
2% milk.