Sunday, December 27, 2009

Candy Store

One early afternoon, my extended family and I went out to Powell's Candy Store. There were SO many variety of candies you could not image when you walked in the store. The candy displays were from the top of the wall to the bottom. Frankly, I was astounded whenever I saw the candy that I never thought of them.Each child including my niece and nephew could spend anything they wanted up to five dollars. Of course, there were Pez dispensers. Dylan was delighted but only know he could buy up to five dollars. He was fortunately to get two dispensers because Oregon does not have taxes. Ryan got "Chocolate" pez candy. I honesty could never thought of seeing Chocolate candy from pez, but I was told that it used to make this kind of flavor years ago.

While I was strolling around the store, I could see many funny tins of mints. Not only seeing many funny tins of mints, I saw unique names of band-aids. One of the band-aids reminds me one of my co-workers who likes "Days of Dead."

Another thing I saw was having variety kinds of lip balm sticks. I could go long-listing they provided at the Candy Store. It was good for the kids to have a ball-time there.

4 comments:

C and B Scene said...

Where does you sister in law live? And is this candy store near her home? Mom/CC

C and B Scene said...

Candy no mater how unique is still candy. It still is more calories than my body can absorb... But the lip balm sounds like a good idea. Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

Yes, my sister in law lives in Bend, Oregon (Central Oregon.) This store is about 10-15 minutes away from home. I only had one: a stick of licorice.

C and B Scene said...

I thought that looked like the pond in the center of Bend, Please tell David's family I though Bend was beautiful and would have moved ther, but Bruce said it was too far away from the ocean. Mom/cc