Saturday, February 27, 2010

Overwhelmed

Have you ever experience wanting to shut everyone out for a day or two? I felt that way of this past two weeks because I have too much to do. Some of my errands can be given it out to others, and some I can't

Currently, I have eight students in my class. The parent conference are around the corner. This means I have to meet all of the students' I.E.P Benchmarks. Don't assume it is only eight benchmarks. Each students have about five or six benchmarks from their I.E.P. Guess it adds up to 40 to 45 benchmarks to test before the parent conference arrives.

I am a week behind of my lesson plan. It is difficult because I have four different grade levels to write my lesson plans. The plans are to follow the curriculum ! This was to put on a hold because I have to prepare my part for the tax (I just finished this morning.)

This week, I received an e-mail from University California of San Diego chairperson from Deaf and Hard of Hearing Department. She wanted to send: 1) Two observators to come to observe my class for their project (it is not a problem.) 2) But I will have a student teacher after a break. I could decline if I want to. I didn't because I wanted to look good on my teaching resume'. What can I avoid?

I guess having a cup of a Sugar Free Chai is calling me!!! This will relieved my stresses!

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Look at your new background! :)

Laura, it is allright to shut some people out for a couple days. Your friends and family will understand. You're crazy busy, you're not feeling well, you've got so much to do do do do. So if your friends are true friends, they can wait for you or help you, whichever you chose.

Hang in there, you will get through!! You're a strong lady.

Deby said...

Wow, you have your hands full right now. At least you have Spring Break in the not too distant future to look forward to.

I find that making lists helps me to not forget anything and to priortize my time. That way you have your major "hit list" so at least you are ready for Day 1 student meetings.

I wish you luck girl! I totally get the falling off the face of the planet for a few days thing. We all do. :)

Much love and good vibes to you from Bend!

C and B Scene said...

I agree with all the rest of the family. drop the blogging for awhile... you need the time....

By way of prioritizing... I would suggest asking SDU to post observers in someone else's classroom this semester. It is not good for your students to have too many strangers in the classroom at one time. The new student teacher will already be one disruption in the kids routine. The more new people you have in the classroom, the more easlily the students will be distracted. You had already committed to a student teacher so I think you should give that a higher priority. IF SDU wants to observe in you class, there are nine other teachers they can watch.

The good news is that the student teacher can be put to work on some of the IEPs for the end of the year, so your load may get lighter after Spring Break.

Hang in there... we love you MOM/CC