Sunday, February 7, 2010

Positive News

For the past week, we have few positive news.

1) Dylan is qualified being in G.A.T.E (Gifted and Talented Education) Program from our home school district. It did not surprise me because we noticed when he was a young baby. That's why I had to push him to write more paragraphs for his recent project: Saturn. I will be writing a letter to the principal what to expect him for this year, and next year.

2) Ryan's reading comprehension has been improving. Currently, he is at 2.7. It means he reads at second grade, seven months. He got 100 % on his Accelerated Reading. I must say that it exceeded my expectation because most autistic has lower reading comprehension. For two reasons, he has improved a lot was: I asked him questions from time to time when we read together, and he write a reading response for his journal daily.

3) My boss told me that I am literally ready to have a student teacher. It is either I will have in the Spring or in the Fall. This will help me to earn my professional growth. Not only to teaching a student teacher, I will be teaching 4th-6th grade girls about Sex Education. Oh boy, I could image their giggles and blushing!

4) That is the only thing about being ready to teach a student teacher, I probably will have on-going observation in my class. It is a college student who likes my class. While I might a college student observing my class, I also have a long-term sub teacher asking me for my help to give her insight ideas for the class. The good news my boss told me that she will write a letter to California Teaching Commission Teacher that I have earned 20 hours to help a long -term sub for my professional growth.

1 comment:

C and B Scene said...

1 . Dylan told me that he could not start GATE classes right away... that he had to wait for something????

2. Wow Ryan is reading well. What does he like to read about?

3. Congrats on all your professional achievements. You'll have to keep us informed on what it is like having a student teacher in your class. It seems like only yesterday that you were doing your own student teaching. You were so scared.