Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tornadoes

Can you image when we heard the warning about having "Tornadoes" on San Diego News? It did happen all over in Los Angeles, Orange and San Diego Counties.

It stated on the News:

AT 226 PM PST... NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A LINE OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO BETWEEN ESCONDIDO AND IMPERIAL BEACH. THE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL TO NEAR 1 INCH IN DIAMETER AND GUSTY WINDS TO NEAR 60 MPH. THE STORMS WERE MOVING NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 30 MPH.

It happened while I was picking Dylan up at school. I honesty did not know about this storm until I saw the news at home. I only could tell you that the picture did look exactly like this, and will happen all in this week in our areas.

1 comment:

C and B Scene said...

Wow that is an awesome picture. No one would expect a tornado in San Diego. I can only remember two happening in Orange County all the time I lived there.

Take care.. even little mini tornadoes , like dust devils, are very dangerous. And they are sneaky. I have a friend who had his small plane rolled all over a runway when a little dust devil snuck up behind him. He never even saw it coming.