Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pulling Teeth Out

On Martin Luther King's Day, I had so many things going on my plate. First, I had to take my boys to the dentist after I had postponed their dentist from December 28th to January 18th due to being in Oregon.

Dylan started getting his teeth clean. No cavities which it was a good news. However, he is required to have a wire retainer under his lower teeth within two weeks from now. This will help to avoid the overlap between the other teeth. David, my husband will be there on the last week of January for Dylan.

But Ryan required a lot more than we had anticipated. One was to have two bottom teeth pulled out. He also need to have three cavities being filled. THREE CAVITIES just like his dad. So, we had to take Ryan to the dentist the following day. I took my day off to be with him while his brother was at school.

After I dropped Dylan off to school, I drove straight to the dentist. The dentist gave him a medication to numb his mouth before the dentist began to work on his teeth. By the time, it was time for him to go in while I was in the same room. The dentist assistance put him the straight jacket. At first, he thought it was joking until he realized they worked on his teeth.

Second, they put the laughing gas. He was able to watch the cartoon t.v while he looked up in the ceiling. It didn't bother him while they put more "numbing" medication around in Ryan's mouth. But by the time, it was time to pull his bottom two teeth out, he could feel it. He cried. The dentist had to stop and give him more. I had to console him.

Finally, he was able to doze it off for a little while. While he was dozing it off, they had to put the crown and fillings in it. He wiggled a lot. It was even harder for the dentist and the dentist assistance.

At the end, I took him out for a treat. He ended up having a small amount of Blended Cream Chai and Whipped Cream. He was so upset that he had to use spoon only for the next 24 hours. He even rejected to have yogurt, but hopefully he would be able to have a small amount of banana. I could image he must be so hungry. He probably will after the numb faded away.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I have never seen a straitjacket like that one! Wow...

C and B Scene said...

Aww poor baby. The straight jacket would have scared me more than the dentist's tools.