Monday, March 17, 2008

Thoughtful

Some of you know Dylan can be very arrogant young little kid. But he does have the other side of personality: being so thoughtful of others when someone is in need.

It happened this evening after I put both boys in their bed. Ryan showed his terrified eyes and said, "I'm scared. I'm afraid to sleep alone." Dylan offered him to sleep with him. They made a verbal negotiate agreement.

Finally, they agreed that Ryan's bed would be in Dylan's room. Ryan took all of his blankets and his stuffed animal: Jaguar while Dylan helped me to take Ryan's mattress out to Dylan's room. Once everything settled it down in Dylan's room, he offered Ryan one of his stuffed dog animals because he felt that it was not fair for him having three small stuffed dog animals while Ryan had only one stuffed animal. Isn't he thoughtful?

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Ryan would sleep through the night with Dylan being in presence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so sweet! My boys love sleeping in the same room. But I can't do it that often because they talk too much!

Deby said...

Dylan is a sweetie. I had thought that it would be a problem that Alexis and Logan had to share a room for so many years, but I guess it will be a good thing.