Sunday, March 30, 2008

Hat n' Snip Off Party

Bald women sexy?

Has she lost her mind?

What brought this on?

My dear mother in law had to go bald because of an illness.

So after some spur of the moment, she decided to have her hair shaved off at her "Hat n' Snip Off" Party. That was a brilliant idea. My husband, David and Cousin Becky went along with the idea by going bald with her as a show their compassion for her. They wanted to let her know there was nothing to fear.

Before they snipped their heads off, we had many luscious Mexican potluck for our lunch from many gracious friends and family of Cathy's. The food was too good to fill our stomach because we were anxious to witness the exciting show, "Snip It Off."

We started off gradually my gallant husband gets his thin hair snipped it off in a front of thirty people. He did not realize that he would end up getting a Mohawk hairstyle just like his cousin, Becky. I thought it was pretty cool for him to show his spirit because he probably thought his own biological daring mother would end up having the new fad hairstyle. She indeed did it in a front of us. Oh what a positive spirit she had!
However, this was only temporary before the three of them decided to act like if they were "Kojack, the detective." Each of them had a lollipop.

Despite how far they had come, I discovered that the beauty and sexuality remain tied to a woman's hair. Little did Cathy know about her beauty when she received so many hats from her friends and relatives, including me. She got all kinds of hats and scarfs from sophisticated to fun hats. Once she realized she got so many beautiful and cute hats, she stated, "Bald is sexy!" Who would argue with her?

She is very fortunate to have all kinds of hats and scarfs, so she could wake up in the morning and reveal the mood she is in! When she is in a mischievous mood, then I would be more alert and get "tit for tat." Even today she had showed her excellent spirit at the party, she did share the dark side of her; mischievous when we exchanged a good bye hug.

Personally, I admire her for having a good spirit. I could see why she is so popular with her family and friends who love her dearly.

4 comments:

Deby said...

I love you all more than words could ever convey. I'm broken hearted that I could not be there for the party.

I miss you all beyond words.

Thanks for being there for my mom when I can not. I love the pictures!! Please email me the pics so I can get copies made for my wall at home.

Mandee said...

I wish we could have been there, too! Cathy looks beautiful bald! I am so impressed with her strength and spirit- she's an amazing woman and I love her!

Anonymous said...

You have a fabulous MIL (mother in law) in Cathy having a fabulous perspective on life! She is beautiful -- in and out -- no question about it!

Enjoy the moments with her!

~Ginny

Anonymous said...

Who would've ever dreamed They'd all look so great bald! The family resemblance really shows when the hair goes. Thanks to everyone who is taking such good care of my big sis when I'm away. I'd have given my right arm for a teleporter so I could be there too. Knowing she's so loved is a HUGE blessing.