Monday, June 15, 2009

Annual Fair

Which amusement park has food, rides, musics and booth? It's San Diego County Fair ! My husband, David could NOT afford to miss the entertainment annually. He grew up by going to the Fair for 36 years! Now, he wanted to pass the family tradition to our sons, Dylan and Ryan.

The first thing the boys see the rides from San Diego Freeway. It excited them because they knew they were going on rides. Who wouldn't blame them ? This time it made a lot easier for all of us because either David and I were not require to attend the rides with them except waiting for them when they get out of the rides. Another reason was both of them were tall enough to go on many rides. In fact, it made them a lot harder to deliberate which rides they wanted to go on with limited tickets.

Thus, they were being like other kids--liked to go on fast rides: sliding down from 50 feet and going on a roller coaster. I especially was worried about Ryan that he would not be able to follow the instruction when he was supposed to keep his body low when he went down on a 50 feet slide. I must say I was pleased to see that he did the right thing by looking at other kids, especially watching his older brother Dylan, who went on a slide first.

The next ride, Dylan chose to go on a roller coaster. I was stunned because he normally does not like to go on a fast ride, especially lots of turns. He giggled throughout the "Caterpillar" ride. He quoted, "This Caterpillar ride is a lot better than going on a Ferry Wheels. I am afraid to puke while going on a Ferry Wheel."

Last thing, they BOTH wanted to go on bummer cars. I kept saying to myself, "Oh no, not again! " I guess it didn't matter what ages they are in. Truthfully, I have seen grown-up attacking each other, too.

Just before we went home, I took a gut to go on a Sky Ride. I normally don't like where it does not have much protection from 60 feet off from the ground especially with the small children with us. Throughout the ride, I had to think positive, and instead talked about what we could see above the ground. It reduced my stress. Yet more importantly, all of us enjoyed the views especially oversee the Pacific Ocean.

4 comments:

C and B Scene said...

What great pictures. You really captured the moment. I espescially liked the last picture with you in it.

Did you go to any of the exhibits? . I always like to see the farm animals and see some of the floral exhibits. But maybe that is just too much for the boys to walk through. Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

Yes, we did see the animal and other exhibits as well. My husband did ask me if I wanted to walk through the floral exhibits. We didn't this time because the boys became exhausted after walking around for six and a half hours. ( We are trying to stretch for a longer time each year.)

Cheryl said...

I used to love conquering my fear and going on roller coasters--but even though I'm less scared of them now, I'm way more prone to motion sickness. I guess that's why they're a kid thing. :-)

Furry Bottoms said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have not been to a fair in YEARS!