Monday, June 8, 2009

Literature Comes To Life

Have you ever thought about involving in "Literature Comes To Life" play? Many teachers have given their students the experience involving in a play, but this was an exceptional. There were costumes, volume inflections and activities. It kept students alert throughout for an hour of a play. My four year old student was able to pay attention throughout the on-going action show. Person There is no doubt that the director was smart enough to absorb the students' short span attention into a longer span attention.

One of the wonderful things about being a young child is the joy of make-believe: bringing toys, dolls, and stuffed animals to life or creating an imaginary friend out of thin air. How valuable to share your new words and thoughts and act out the roles — mother, father, friend — that you are becoming aware of. How exciting it is to imagine yourself a hero or heroine (perhaps Rainbow Fish or Roadrunner's Dance) rescuing the fragile or needy who might require the nurturing of a valiant young child.

My boss dressed up as a Rainbow Fish while there were many other characters were involved in a life play. One of my students dressed up as a Jelly-Fish (I wished I could published in this blog, but I must remain in profession not to violate student's privacy.) This student was SO CUTE and tried so hard to follow throughout the play.

After the first part of assembly ended, my students and I returned to a classroom. But fifteen minutes later, one of the interpreters came up to my room telling me that my older son was involved in a "Roadrunner's Dance." He dressed up as a Coyote. The interpreter was kind to switch and supervised my class for fifteen minutes while I had an opportunity to watch my older son, Dylan involving in a play. I was in time to witness him dressing up as a coyote.

Each student in a play was able to speak it up in a front of the audience. Dylan said, "The snake is hard and difficult with a rattle. (Howling)" Then he ran away from the snake. I thought he was so cute! (Don't we all think of our children being cute in a play?) As a mother, I sure was so proud to see him being in a short play.

5 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

youre lucky to be able to catch these things your kids do since you teach the same place they go to! ;)

C and B Scene said...

He loves being the center of attention, so being on stage must have felt natural to him... Like he found the path to his destiny. So when does he want to start taking acting lessons? Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

It is not a lesson. Attending assembly was an instant moment.

Cheryl said...

That costume is awesome. So cute!

Anonymous said...

yes,Literature turns our life.
old people are always said that in life literature play very important role.no doubt some people are saying this is not important.but,As experience come then it becomes true.
In life we face some problem then our literature is one thing that give solution for that...
hence my aim is guide everyone about their literature..
You are lucky that you share this moment with your child.
this is very helpful for them in future.
Nealoren