Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Pager/Cell Phone

At the parking lot, I was using my pager to communicate with my husband while my boys were in the van with me.

Ryan inquired me, " What is that?" I replied to him, "Oh, it is a pager. It helps me to talk with your dad." Who ever thought about the conversation would began about "growing up too fast?"

Ryan said, "I want a pager." Dylan jumped in the conversation, "Yeah, I wanted a cell phone."

This conversation made me curious why would my five and six year old sons would want to have a phone. Dylan mentioned, " One of my friends at school has a cell phone." It stunned me and got into me a further questionnaire.

"Oh, what grade is she in ?" First grade??? Oh my goodness ! Do you think a first grade would take a good responsibility to own a cell phone or even a pager???

2 comments:

Deby said...

It regularly amazes me what parents will let their kids have or do. When Katya was in 4th grade, a girl in her class had fake nails!!! Her mom took her every two weeks for fills!!

Crazy.

Anonymous said...

I don't think kids should have cell phones until they pay for the service themselves. CEC