Thursday, February 21, 2008

Popsicle

This morning, I received a phone call from Ryan's school nurse telling me that he was crying and shivering. I knew right away that he has not recovered from the flu. By the time I came to pick him up, he was crying with a blanket around him and a high fever.

I immediately took him to see his physician doctor. Ryan told the doctor, "My ear hurts." He was right that he did indeed have an ear infection. Not again! He was treated with anti-biotic that he loathed.

He slept all afternoon and refused to eat even water, or a bowl of chicken noodle soup. The only thing I figured that treating him a Sugar Free Cherry Popsicle would ease his pain. My gut was right!

After he completed his treat, he went back to sleep again.

1 comment:

Deby said...

Good thinking. That is what the hospital did for Katya after her surgeries to make sure she could keep fluids down in recovery. I think that rootbeer was her favorite.

I will have to remember to keep those in the freezer for when the kids get a bit older and they are sick.