Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Walking Half -Marathon

Hey, can you believe that I made a little more than a half-marathon of walking within one week with my pedometer? It is a really huge leap for me from walking one and a half mile within two days to 15 miles within one week !

Frankly, I had two valid reasons for keeping my motivation up. One is that wearing a pedometer which it really helps me a lot. This is a continuous reminder for me. Second, I have a mind set up by slathering the cafeteria workers! In case you didn't know, we are having a competition between the teachers and the cafeteria workers!

I am pretty sure many of you assume that the cafeteria workers tend to stay in the cafeteria all day with a little movement. I thought the same about taking advantages against them. Well, I just found it out that one of the cafeteria workers walks to work and home two miles each way daily! That's NOT FAIR ! You bet I wish I can walk ALL the WAY to work and back to home, especially with two young boys!

That wouldn't work because it would make us one total walking marathon in both ways. Otherwise, I would have whining kids daily, or having their teachers giving me a bad report about me as a parent for giving them a severe punishment.

Since I was out of luck beating one of the cafeteria workers, this does not stop me. Even better, it does increase my motivation for keeping my legs going. For example, I made slight excuses by taking my two sons out to Target to buy small Valentine gifts for their teachers! I already made two goals: to increase more steps and to drink more water. Oh yeah, you may be wonder how did I survive without drinking water??!! Actually, I do drink water, but not enough to waste all of my toxic body!

Once I increase my walking half-marathon, I will strive for a marathon within a week in a couple of weeks from now, and continue through out even after the contest ends. I will buy myself a pedometer and a walking diary.

This sign displays that I made my mind up for not wanting to cheat my "walking" goals.

Wish me Luck!

3 comments:

Deby said...

Walk on Girl!!! I'm so proud of you !!!

I still have to set my pedometer. But the weather has been so nice up here I may take the kids out for a walk today and try it out.

Anonymous said...

15 miles.... I am very impressed. Mom/CC

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was a big increse. Keep up the good work. you inspire me:)