Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter's Day

One afternoon, I pondered myself on how to get Easter's Gifts without spending so much money for my boys. It worried me because of my "up in the air" job situation, and wanted my sons believe Easter Bunny at the same time.

As I was driving by to my work to show off my mom's, 99 cents store clicked my idea. I thought it would not hurt to swing by along with my mom. Amazing what I discovered! Pez Collections and Bubbles Pipes!! This was perfect gifts for my older son, Dylan because he collects Pez. What a luck! I winded-up up buying 7 Pezs (equal one week), bubble pipes for both of my sons, cute gift bags. All only cost me eleven bucks. Pretty good deal? As for Ryan, he was the ones I used my Teacher Coupons to buy one of his favorite books: Bernstain Bears. Frankly, I like this books because it teaches the properly way to use social skills.

While my brain ran wildly, I came up clever ideas without spending so much for my sons without paying more than 20 dollars that included getting candies (Oh dear, sweet tooth!) I decorated many cute stuffs in a front of a fireplace before we all woke up on a beautiful Easter's morning. Both Dylan and Ryan were enthusiastic that their gifts were waiting for them open. While opening the gifts, the Easter Bunny left them a note that there were 12 plastic eggs hidden, but each of them only could get six.

After they were done with their Easter Egg Hunting, we ended up going out to an Easter Breakfast at Broken Yolk. It was not my $$$. We spend thrifty from our tax refund from the government. Eating breakfast had caused our stomachs bigger than our eyes. Sure, we were stuffed. Being stuffed was a positive impact because we didn't spend any more money out of our pocket.

We later ended up treating our sons to a movie, "Monsters vs. Aliens." They were thrilled to get more Easter gifts. The sound affects and tons of visible actions excited them. I could see them and another kids were jumped when the Monsters and Aliens were making LOUD thumpings. As for me, I admitted I was a little bit sleepy because I woke up VERY early this morning, and frankly tend to fall asleep in the movie when it felt like it was my bedtime.

Without a doubt, our overall Easter's Day was one of the nicest family events. I truly enjoyed spending my dear husband and my two wonderful sons on this special day. This showed our love for each other.

5 comments:

Deby said...

What a fun day! You are a good and creative mom. Total score on the goodie bags! Good shopping, girl.

And I love the picture of the boys in front of the movie theatre.

Furry Bottoms said...

Those baskets sound like a lot of fun... and a movie too! Yikes, what a great day! :)

C and B Scene said...

Your Easter Day sounds wonderful. I think the 99 cent store has great bargains. My Friend bought all her Easter candy that the 99 Cent store for me. I gave out to the little kids who came into her store during Easter week. The older kids got puka shell necklaces. Mom/CC

Furry Bottoms said...

was the movie any good?

Cheryl said...

The Berenstain Bears were big favorites of mine growing up. I was SO happy when McDonald's offered Berenstain Bear Happy Meals. Good to know they're still going strong!