Thursday, April 23, 2009

Wind Shifts

As soon as I walked on school campus, I was stopped by one of the district people and asked me to go in an unannounced meeting. This included all of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Staff. Of course, we were puzzled why we had to attend unexpected meeting.

This turned out to be that three out of four teachers were accepted to have a job for San Diego County Department of Education. That also included me. I felt relieved. As for the classified staff (interpreters and aides) are either remain in the district or apply for San Diego County Department of Education. To be honest, I felt so relieved about having a job despite all of the pains I have had for the last two months: many chest pains, stomach upsets, and sleepless nights. Hopefully this will change after I post this evening.

As for my aide, she has a choice because she also works longer for the district. She can either work for another Special Education in the district, or to work for San Diego County Department of Education. I would LOVED to have her again, because we hit it off so well. But I do understand that she lives closer to the district and another among reasons. She will have lots to consider over a few weeks. Shall I bribe her?

However, two teachers and I have lots of questions that we will have another meeting on Tuesday A.M. about next year. Once we have all of our answers, we will know whether we like to keep the job for San Diego County Department of Education, or to apply for another job. Both certified and classified staff are NOT the only ones who have questions for the upcoming meeting. It especially will be interesting to know what grade level I will be teaching next year especially having six or seven students at once.

5 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

Hip Hip Hooray

Have a good nights sleep

Furry Bottoms said...

I AM SO SO SO SO SO THRILLED FOR YOU!!!!! Now you can breathe better, and be able to enjoy your Disney Cruise much more!! Without having to worry about job... Yippie!!!!

C and B Scene said...

Congratulations. What a relief this must be.
Even if you don't like the position, it is still a job and it does pay the bills. Right now jobs are hard to come by.

Sadly, these layoffs will probably happen all over again in the next few years as there are fewer and fewer deaf students. But at least you have time to prepare for change

Hopefully you will have time next year to take some oneline classes to upgrade your credentials, and or switch to a different Special ed program of your choice.

I am glad for you. Keep us up to date Mom/CC

PS Did the other teacher in your school were having the get a job as well?

Laura and the family said...

Currently, there are four teachers in our program. Only one didn't get a job because she only is a temporary teacher.

daisy said...

congrats!!! guess inka ruby gift was the good luck from your friend! hee hee! now all the burden is off on your shoulder and enjoy summer to its max!!! again, A BIG RELIEF!! hugs xo