Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lil' Helpers

Have you had anyone who volunteered helping you out around the house? It applied to one of my sons, Dylan. He first saw his dad hammering the black metal out of our front gate before we have our contractor installed the front yard's electricity light. I thought it was a positive attitude that he volunteered to help us around the house.

David let him to learn to become the next handyman. Wouldn't his future girl lucky to have him as a handyman? He started out watching his dad for a few minutes. Then, David let Dylan learned to use a chisel cement hammer. Dylan felt so "grown-up" that he was able to do it!

The next day, the boys and I were heading for Home Depot to get the bases for the light posts. They pleaded me to get boxes of flowers. Knowing that it would not make David happy if I got three boxes of flowers. Instead of obeying my husband' s wishes this time, I know it is a progress of learning on how to plants the flowers or seeds.

While teaching them on how to plants the flowers, it was not easy. Everything was a MESS! The dirt and water were all over the sidewalk. Ryan also got his clothes wet while he was trying to watering the flowers out of the water hoses.


But knowing if I started letting them to help me around inside and outside of the house at an early age, it will be a lot easier for me and my husband. In a couple of years from now, my patience will be paid off with my wonderful little helpers.

3 comments:

panyfamily said...

Fabulous, fabulous, and fabulous!!!! Davon started early as well in helping us with small chores such as laundry, baking, watering the plants, and so forth! A well done job, boys!

We are about to teach Davon in seeding the plants in small pots soon once the winds calm down!

C and B Scene said...

Good call. You are right to let them help while they are eager to do so and think it is fun. If you wait until they are old enough to not get themselves wet and muddy. they would be more interested in impressing girls than pleasing their parents. Mom/cc

Unknown said...

he's cute.. and nice too. =)