Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pink Day

First of all, I must admit that I have my reasons for putting my posts on hold. The month of February and March had been harsh for many thousands of teachers who received pink slips. While I am waiting for an ultimate answer from the district whether the school district will keep another year open for the deaf and hard of hearing program open, I need to brush my anxiety along with many more reasons aside.

I have lots to catch up on my posts. First, I would like to tell you a little bit about the Pink Day that many thousands of teachers wore Pink Shirts on March 13th. It was the day that the other deaf teacher, deaf student teacher and I provided lunch treat out for 50 staff on the campus. What a coincidence ! Still, we had thought of something to make it every possible to make it close to pink or red for the teachers on Pink Day.

We brought the Posole Soup with Chilli Dip from New Mexico, Bread, pink Vanilla cookies except for Chocolate Chip cookies, and Pink lemonade to stuff our teachers' tummies. The table decoration were even made many pink and red hearts to go out for the teachers.

While we were sitting and chatting over our lunch break, many of the staff were pink shirt. That included the students as well.

1 comment:

Deby said...

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry you are having to endure this uncertainty. What a crappy time.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.