Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Parade

On Saturday early morning, my family and I decided to take my mom and her husband, who were in town for a weekend visiting, to watch Saint Patrick's Parade at Balboa Park. I thought it would be a perfect time to share the Saint Patrick 's spirit along with the crowds.

By the time we got to Balboa Park, we were lucky to find a close parking lots and sitting on the curb where we could see the ending of the parade. One of the couples brought their dalimation dog in a front of the parade. Ryan loved any kind of dogs! He indeed had a chance to pet a dog. That dog was very hyper due to the noisy. The worst part was that the dog was confused when he saw many firetrucks with the sirens passing by. If it was my dog, I would NOT bring to the parade.

We only saw one fourth of the parade because we did not want to stand in a long lunch line. That was a smart move for all of us because we captured six seats with a table and caught in a short line before the crowds came toward to the food center. The first thing we wanted to eat the Corn Beef Sandwich. It was the first for the boys. Either they were starved to eat, or they actually like it because they galloped the ENTIRE BIG sandwich.

After lunch, we roamed around the fun booth. We did have fun trying out for the St. Patrick's Hat. I decided to make myself glamor for a very short time with lots of green feathers. That was fun. As we passed by several booths, David and I knew that the boys would say, "YES" for a Root Beer Snow Cone. They did not argue for sharing one BIG Bowl of Root beer Snow Cone.

Once we finished roaming around the booths, we headed for Botanical Garden. It was one of my mom's favorite sight seeing in Balboa Park. She and I had not gone there for decades. The boys were goofy around inside and outside of the Botanical Garden. While taking pictures of them, it was nearly impossible to take the BEST pictures of them in a front of the waterfall. I guess it was a sign of telling us politely that they were exhausted to be at Balboa Park for Three and a half hours. Frankly, my mom and I agreed that they were on their best behaviors despite showing their funny faces.

At the end, we thought it was a good plan to go out and do something FUN without charging us too much besides paying for the food. It is far cry better than being in a cooped place, or watching T.V. all day.

2 comments:

Deby said...

How fun! I never went to that parade before. But Balboa Park is one of my favorite places to roam.

It sounds like you all had a good time together and the weather looks like it was perfect!

Cheryl said...

Balboa Park is gorgeous. One of these days I hope to explore it fully. Happy St. Pat's!