Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Night Before St. Patrick's

I read a story, A Night Before St. Patrick's to students overhead. While I was reading a book, I demonstrated and asked questions.

After the questions, I splited into two writing groups. Each group have their own writing essay.

Lower Level: What kind of cool places could you go, if you were that small?

Higher Level: If you were a Leprechaun, where would you hide your pot of gold?



Once they already started writing a first draft, they will do it as for a homework. NO EXCUSE! Because tomorrow is a Lucky Day for not having a homework. Pretty much of today, students created Leprechaun's trap hats, rainbow mobile, and bead rings with gold coins around their desk.

They all were excited and hoped that they catch Leprechaun in their Leprechaun's hat. My aide and I instead turned our classroom upside down. I get lots of "Oh My God!" responses from the staff. This would be interesting how the students react when they see in the morning. Instead of teaching of writing lesson (that's why I gave them a day before essay homework,) they will be cleaning the mess up for me!

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are such a fun teacher!

C and B Scene said...

Did anyone catch the leprechaun?
Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

Nope, no one caught leprechauns. One of my students asked the other staff if the leprechauns had messed their classroom,too. Good grief the staff spontaneously replied, "We didn't leave any golds, so the leprechauns did not bother coming in the classroom."