Saturday, August 25, 2007

Highest and Lowest Points

This past week, we have had roller coaster events.

The highest points were:

1) Our cars are back on the road. Thank goodness ! Otherwise, we would had used all of our credit cards for paying the rental cars.

2) I have another new Deaf student transferring to my school site. Thus, it filled my vacant schedules.

3) I recently received Cross cultural, Language and Academic Development Certificate. That was the best thing I did take the courses at California State University of Northridge. It is required for all teachers to have this certificate before January 2008. Or, teachers who don't have this kind of certificate, would lose the job.

4) Ryan's teacher said to me through by email, "Ryan interacts with others kids well. He would say, ' I'm My name is Ryan. What is your name?" Then, he would give him/her a hug. Cute, huh? But he needs to set a boundary to keep his hands to himself.

5) David finally started painting Dylan's room after we had extremely busy summer. It would be interesting to get it all done. (Let's hope it will be done before this month ends.)

6) Ryan started putting three to five signs together in a sentence without prompts. In the past, he only would sign one or two in a sentence while using other words in verbally (see at the end of this post as his dinner was in a front of me. He did the rest to himself without my assistance except when I asked him what to say at the end, "please.")

The Lowest points were:

1) David's computer crashed. He couldn't proceed making movies, create a website. All of them have to be on hold.

2) Dylan had been crying every single morning when I had to drop him off at his school. We think it was due to that he is having a hard time adjusting being in a first grade after he had a long summer recess.

3) The heat had killed nearly all of our beauty plants on our front porch. I wish my mother is here to save us because she is a real GREEN THUMB !

4) I still couldn't get my teaching stuff out of the storage. Thus, I had to create the lesson plans and carry it around from one classroom to another throughout the day.

But, we all have to be blessing that we are NOT starving, homeless, and jobless. Even better, we have family and friends who love us, no matter what kind of days we have.

1 comment:

Deby said...

You have had an interesting week!

Keep your head up - I love you!!