Monday, August 13, 2007

Need a Break of the Old Chain

Before I ask you for a suggestion, I wanted to tell you all before I had Dylan in our life. The Lamaze teacher had asked what I had wish the baby would be. My answers were: having this child look like his daddy and get some kind of spirits from David's father, Mike.

Well, when he was born, he wasn't like his daddy until he was a few months old. Except, I didn't expect that Dylan would get his grandfather Mike's habit: sucking his fingers until he was nine!

When I learned this Grandfather Mike McClellan didn't stop until he was nine, I said to myself, "Oh my goodness, I didn't think God would take my wishes seriously."

We once tried to do the nail biting polish on his sucking fingers. He just would wiped it off and put it back. Then, I've tried to put a little bit of a hot sauce on the same finger. Again, his stubbornness didn't stop him.

Now, I would need to have your suggestion on what to do since Dylan wouldn't let his fingers out of mouth. He had promised me he would stop on his sixth birthday. Obviously, he hasn't kept his promise. I fear this would not break of the Old Chain-- don't want to pass it down to the next generation.

2 comments:

Mandee said...

I don't have any advice to offer. Good luck! He's still a really cute kid even with fingers in his mouth!

Deby said...

Michelle had to have an orthodontist put something in Rese's mouth in 1st grade to get her to stop sucking her thumb. It worked!