Thursday, August 9, 2007

Un-Birthday Party

For those who don't know what it is "Un-Birthday," it is too bad you have missed the greatest opportunity I ever had experience in my life. This idea was coming from my mother in law, Cathy back in 1994. Every single year, the four families get together in one place and celebrate the "un-birthday" party at once. It actually saves a lot of times because we all have different birthday months. (For the outside of the family member, you are more than welcome to steal the idea from my mother in law's "Un-birthday Party.")
This year, we have had 14 kids from age 8 months to 16 years old. I thought it was great there were different group of ages that could play together. The noises of chatting from the kids were in every single room, but good thing I couldn't hear the cries. I give my sympathy to the hearing parents and grandparents who suffered with the temporary noises.

Chatting, eating, laughing, and hugging were the best for adults. I know the kids LOVED getting their surprise gifts. Some of them said, "OH thank goodness, I have always wanted it." It was extremely funny to watch them looking up as if they were talking to God by thanking for the gift that they wanted it so badly.

After the kids finished opening their un-birthday gift from their grandparents, we, as adults, decided to give the parents a surprise gift, even though they requested not to give them any gift. Too bad for mom and dad because we love you very much ! It was a gift certificate for their 25 year of anniversary to Mediterranean Cruise. Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad !

Like I said it was one of the best thing to have a family gathering, the next door neighbor of Cathy's was very generous to take a picture of all of us. (24 of us ! Plus, Zack, the dog is also a family member. Have you ever thought about the number 25 suits well for their 25 year anniversary?) Aren't we all wonderful, loving family?
At the end, we all are lucky to have another family gathering-- to Disney Cruise in 2009. Thanks to Mom and Dad ! This will be fun for all of us.

2 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

I adore this family and I adore this daughter-in-law.

We are cute!!!

Deby said...

What a nice post! It was indeed a great time. I love nothing more than spending time with my family.