Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ziploc Omelets

Wouldn't this be fun-- to have a ZIPLOCK OMELT PARTY? That's what I had this morning with my co-workers while we had a brief staff meeting. When I learned that it was made out of a plastic bag, I had a skeptics, but they turned out good.

I must admit that it is a lot easier than flipping it over the eggs and make it a real mess.

All you need to prepare all the ingredients: even a couple of far-out choices! Like anchovies (not my choice), or tiny shrimps.

Don't forget to include the fruit juices, bagels, and fruits.

Ingredients (Each serving) :

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra large) into the (Ziplock Freezer) bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: different cheeses, ham, bacon, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, seasonings, etc.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag, shake it, (and e writes their name on their baggie with a Sharpie)

Place the bags (zipper part to the top for best results in rolling out) into LARGE POT rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.. (keep water at a rolling boil.)

You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot, For more, make another pot of boiling water. (Wouldn't that save your time if you have a large family for a breakfast!)

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.











Be prepared for everyone to be amazed!

Have toppers like: guacamole, sour cream, salsa, etc.

It was a great way to start off my working year with one of the best breakfasts I have ever had tasted. Try it at home with your family or friends!

1 comment:

Deby said...

Ok, that is the strangest way to cook a meal I have ever seen!