Friday, August 3, 2007

My Mischievous Moment

Don't we all have mischievous moments in our life time? For those who knew me, I have to give my pity to them because I have never been an "angel." I started from making funny faces and do something like sly just like I videoed my mother in law, "Limbo Dancing."

My mischievous moment was based on my frustration with the Special Day Class, the Deaf class I attended.

When I was in Oral Pre-school class (no signings were allowed), the hearing teacher gave us a music lesson daily. That's right!?! Don't you think I have ever heard any sound? Every single day, I had to sing, "La La La La." Still after 40 years, my singing has not made any progress even both of my sons have asked me to stop singing such as "A B C, Know I know My ABC, Now, Will you Sing with me?"

So, one day I could no longer held my patience. Without a teacher and the deaf and hard of hearing students looking at me, I took all of their jackets except mine out of their hangers and put them in the piano. Not pretty smart for leaving the only one jacket hanging on the hanger-- my jacket!

A few hours later, the music lesson began. My classmates and I were standing behind the piano to feel the sound of the keyboard. I had my own silent prayer that the keyboard wouldn't work. Once the teacher hit the keyboard, there wasn't any sound coming out. Boy, can you image how I had felt when she decided to cancel the music lesson?! Yeah, you are absolutely right that I was thrilled! My afternoon came true by changing from music to art lesson.

However, when it was time to go home, my classmates came to our teacher whining that their jackets were missing from the hangers. Of course, I was smiling as I had forgotten about their missing jackets. My smiling face didn't last because the teacher came up to me scolding and asking me about whereabouts their jackets. No way, Jose', I would not want to tell her the truth. For this reason I wasn't honest was that I was hoping the teacher would be able to figure it out why I put their jackets in the piano. After phoning my mom about the trouble I had caused the class, she eventually found the jackets after we all had gone home for the day.

Guess what? I guess my mischievous moment had taught her a lesson. The music lesson never occurred in my class again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! I understand where you are coming from!!! We, the little Deaf kids, did have feelings and minds of our own!!!

Kewl outcome!!!!