Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Something To Think About .....

After I received an unexpected tragic news over a phone call, it struck me deeply to think about the life beyond my imagination. It was Ryan's first teacher, Mrs. Bennett, from a private pre-school who had suddenly died. Just turned to thirty, she was healthy as a horse, always ate vegetables and fruits including a bottle of water until a month before she died. She never knew she was having kidney failure. Anything can happen beyond your expectation. So, don't forget to have your physical check up annually.

The reason why I am composing is that she was the one of the few people who promoted Ryan to speak and interact with other kids. She knew Ryan was able to do a lot better than placing in a severe handicapped class. The best part was that she came to support me at Ryan's Individual Education Program (I.E.P) meeting. Mrs. Bennett spoke it from her heart that she strongly believed that Ryan was beyond than the team's expectation. That is one of the things I was grateful she was a part of our life.

Before I literally speak about "something to think about, I learned that her widower told one of the pre-school teachers that Ryan was one of Mrs. Bennett's favorite students. Thus, he put a picture two of them together at the Memorial Service. It really moved me.

Since I have asked each of you to think about something, it is literally important to realize that there are many things in life to be thankful. Have you ever tried thinking about everything you are thankful for? You know I could make my list could go on forever.

My five top lists I am thankful are:

1) getting the love from my friends and family

2) receiving the "thick and thin" supporters.

3) spending the quality of times with friends and family are important than the job itself. The memories last longer than stressing yourself out from a job.

4) appreciating choosing me to be a part of your circle of family and friends.

5) most important part is that I wanted to say to you, " I love you. Thank you for being here for me."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...we are sincerely sorry that Mrs. Bennett had passed away but indeed left an imprint on your lives as a family! I definitely agree that quality time and love are the must-haves for each and every one of us, rather than having material things so memories are and will be embedded permanently for the rest of our lives!

Again, our condolences go to the Bennett family; yet, the comments from Mrs. Bennett's widower are inspiring! May God be with them!

Deby said...

You never know how you might end up influencing someone's life. My mom always told me that even when people forget what words you might have said, they never forget how you made them feel.

I am so grateful that she made such an impact in Ryan's life. She was obviously a wonderful person who had chosen the best profession.

I for one am grateful that you are in my life - through thick and thin. Love you!

Furry Bottoms said...

Someone sent me a greeting card this week in the mail (winks) that said one things to be thankful for this year was.... President Bush leaving office!!! I loved that card.

I am sorry that such a special person had to leave... but she left behind a great legacy. Ryan is going to make it, in large part because of her. That is a gift she left you, a gift that will last all your life.

I am also thankful that you are in my life!!! You've cheered me up a lot in the past few months and I appreciate it. I hope I can do the same for you! :)

XOXOXOXO