Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Photo Memories

My dad was one of the few people who didn't have the original family pictures. His brother had the entire original family photos while my dad collected the family heirlooms: sterling silvers: baby cup, rectangular tray with a monogram on it, and Wine Goblet.

Rather than leaving my dad without having family photo memories, I was gallant enough to ask my Uncle Chris to borrow his entire original family photos ,so David could scan 300 pictures of the family pictures! Fortunately, my Uncle Chris was kind to let us borrow his treasure: original family pictures. It even took us a long time to get all of the pictures done. Within six months, our average was scanning the pictures was about 40-50 pictures while having kids around and then brought the original pictures back to my uncle at each time we saw each other. He was really patiently to let me complete all of the pictures within two years of borrowing his pictures. After we finally finished scanning 300 pictures, we then ordered all of the 300 pictures for the scrapbook. Once we got all of the 300 pictures, I started attending the Creative Memories Workshop along with other deaf people. That's where I learned from the scratch and close to becoming an expert. While I was there without kids for an entire day, I often collected the ideas, given suggestions by others, and learning to play with my "borrowing" new toys from the workshop.
This had given me the energy to finish the scrapbook for my dear dad. In fact, it took me nearly two entire years to finish it: 100 pages!

Even after I finished making the final family scrapbook for my dad as a gift, I still will have to wait until I see my dad and then hand the final gift to him; the family scrapbook. It leaves me pondering how he would react. What do you think? Shall I call him to come over to see us (he lives about an hour and a half from our home) for his belated birthday gift or what? I am opened to suggestions.

No comments: