Sunday, October 14, 2007

Inspirational Storyteller

Before Ryan's grandparents left for home, I encouraged Ryan to read one of his favorite books, "Five Little Monkeys Jumping Off the Bed" to his grandmother, Cathy. He read every single lines with the use of his inflection. It astounded Cathy when he pointed every single words while reading out loud to her PERFECTLY!


Her small tears showed the joy that Ryan had made an enormous improvement by being able to express from the book. But that was not the only thing lifted her proudest moment. Near the end of the book, there was an exclamation statement, "NO MORE JUMPING OFF THE BED!" He definitely spoke it out loud. Hearing his raising voice made Ryan's grandmother, Cathy chuckled.

Of course, I wished I could use the video but knowing it would interrupted his time to brag to his Grandma. Ryan DOES NOT like to be taken a picture from a camera or being in video. Maybe the next time, I will be able to sneak out and then put in my Youtube.

2 comments:

Deby said...

Awesome! I love to hear about his progress.

Mandee said...

Ryan is reading! And with inflection!! That is so exciting! And so awesome! I'm sure Grandma Cathy enjoyed being read to... one of the joys of being a grandma!