Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Bahumbug!!

What's happening to me this year?? I guess I am becoming one of the Bahumbugs especially during this year holidays: Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

This year, I have not gotten a Halloween costume from a store. I instead got the same old costume from last year: worn a Surgeon Outfit. Pretty simple, huh? I am not only ones who is not into creative spirit.. you will see the pictures of Dylan on Ryan a day after Halloween.

I guess it started from doing the Halloween pumpkin. Two weeks ago, I had a high spirit for the Halloween when Dylan and Ryan helped me carving the first pumpkin. They even helped me cooking the pumpkin seeds. Since I am no expert in any cooking, I started cooking the pumpkin seeds. It tasted awful when it came out in the oven ! Also, it was NOT a smart move for me to do the pumpkin carving ! It ended up being rotten and created cobwebs around the eyes and mouth. Gross , huh??? So I had to come up really simple. On Halloween morning, I instead purchased Mrs. Witch Potato Head from Vons and punched into my second pumpkin.

Now, after Halloween ends, I will at least have someone to push me for Thanksgiving spirit and bring out the best Thanksgiving dinner. This is our first Thanksgiving dinner in our house. Boy, I feel really, really sorry if I burn the Turkey. Perhaps, I would need to hire a chef so everyone in the family member would have a jolly Thanksgiving.

Christmas was always my favorite holiday, but this year is a different story. Seriously, I have NOT started my Christmas shopping. Knowing that I will end up grumpy hanging around with the crazy or jolly Christmas shoppers!!! It means that my husband will have to be a temporary Mr. Mom in order to watch our high-energy level sons.

This is not the only thing I have procastinated this year. I even have not started making Christmas lists for those who already asked us to send it out. I must make a promise to myself that I will stay up REALLY LATE and kick myself on the computer !!!

Last, I have not started writing Christmas Newsletters. Hopefully, I will have a left-over brain to bring some interesting news on this upcoming Christmas Newsletter.

I usually get everything done in order before Halloween! I guess I need some magic gold to spread it all over me!

No comments: