Sunday, October 14, 2007

Spice It Up

Do you know how I had convinced my dear husband to get our Interior Decoration? It is because I played a win-win situation game with him. First, he bought a very expensive toy, a Viking BBQ. So, then I talked him out on hiring the painters for our living and kitchen room in order to look nice in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It worked! If you need my advice on how to convince your husband, you will need to tell me your situation and then I will brainstorm for you.

Then, the painters came on Monday. Without a doubt, it was a REALLY MESS when the plastics were covered all over the living and kitchen room. Since we were not able to walk through, we had to go around the front door to go upstairs, or eat out for two days.

The painters completed the kitchen and living room last Wednesday, just in time when my younger son Ryan got really sick. Once it completed the room, I did want to put it up in my blog, but I didn't want to spoil my parent in law a surprise. I had to hold my horses until Sunday. Wasn't I good at holding my horses?

Finally Sunday came, my parents in law thought they just visited for a BBQ lunch. But actually, we had another surprise for them- our new interior decoration. As soon as they walked in, they were stunned to see the room had changed. Their reaction was, "OHHH MY GOODNESS! I could have stayed here and just look at the walls for hours!"
It felt good to hear a positive comment from our first "interior critics." Cathy, my mother in law, thought it looked like it was from a Home Magazine. Actually, it would even match to home magazine if it has pictures on the wall ! We can't wait until it completes the room.

Even better, it will complete the room once my hard working husband put the Gas Log that I purchased for our living room. This is a perfect ending to have a cozy living room for the Fall and Winter Seasons.

6 comments:

Deby said...

Your house is AMAZING! It looks like what you see in a home magazine!! How insanely and amazingly beautiful.

I love your colors and the yellow in the kitchen is so rich and warm it makes your little jars of fruit just POP visually.

Mandee said...

What a beautiful home! I love it!

Anonymous said...

The colors in your kitchen and living room are gorgeous! They blend well with your souls of being HOME!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors they are very warm and inviting. Dylan must love having all those oranges. I remeber he said it was his favorite color. CEC

Anonymous said...

Do you have any pictures to put up? Cec

Laura and the family said...

The part of walls do look like it is orange, but it isn't. It is called "Medieval Gold."

No, we are looking for the perfect pictures to put it up in the wall. We are not sure what pictures theme we should be looking. It is a matter of timing when we find something we like.