Monday, May 4, 2009

Dinosaur Musuem

On beautiful Sunday afternoon, the Cub Scouts and I went out to Dinosaur Museum at Balboa Park. It was a perfect ending for the young boys because they had been study about Dinosaur all month.

They were awed when they walked in the museum because everything is SO BIG for them. I really enjoyed seeing them learning throughout the hand-on activities. The boys enjoyed seeing everything that are moving such as jaws, water fins, and earth moving. Too bad nothing came alive such like a movie, "Night at the Museum."

I could not image that the Scientists actually found some of the fossils were buried over 40, 000 years ago. One thing fantasized me was underwater fossils. Mainly, I think it had something to do being water-lover.

Another interesting thing was finding how much the Baby Mammoth actually was. It was much smaller than Dylan and Ryan. Dylan came up to me with a question, "Was that Baby Mammoth died quickly under water?" I told him, "Yes, the Scientists only knew the Baby Mammoth died quickly but not sure if he died from drowning in the water or quick sand." It sure broke my heart when his parents had to witness the accident.

At the end of two hours being with the Cub Scout, we ended up going in a Museum store. The boys ended up getting a small bottle of rocks. I got Life Cycle of Frogs for my classroom. This educational trip was worthwhile. The boys also earned one of their Cub Scout badges.

No comments: