Monday, May 25, 2009

Harry Potter

On Friday, I found myself being astounded that Dylan brought three THICK books of Harry Potter home with him. The first book was from his teacher while he borrowed the sixth and seventh book from the librarian. The librarian tried to tell him that, "Are you sure you can read the entire books?" Dylan was firmed that he could do it. However, I told him that he needs to start the numbers in order.

As of right now, he is nearly finished the first book of Harry Potter. I was amazed because I researched and discovered that it is based on fifth grade reading level. It is about two years and a half ahead of his actual age. He just was a happy camper to read the book quietly. For instance, he read quietly for 40 minutes!

Now, he is about to read the next reading series two. His second cousin lend him book two and three. Dylan told me that he is looking forward to reading the entire series just like he read the entire "The Magic Tree House"series.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I LOVE HARRY POTTER!!!

panyfamily said...

LOL! I ditto Aunt of 14....I love Harry Potter!!! Go Dylan Go!!!

C and B Scene said...

The question is whether it will give him nightmares. There are some very scary parts to that series. Mom/CC