Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stitches

Anything can happen in a second. It did to my younger son, Ryan. Just a minute before Ryan and the classes were supposed to go in a Peace Circle that we usually do every single morning at school site, I received a report from a secretary that Ryan had an accident.

He ran, tripped, and landed on the corner of lunch table. It cut Ryan's lower right' eyelid. Good grief, it did not go further into his eye. So, I had to leave my aide working with my students while I was taking Ryan to a nearby Emergency Room.

Ryan was waiting for the doctor to give him the stitches. He was being good sportsmanship.

Before the doctor gave him the stitches, Ryan told the doctor, "I don't want the shot to hurt me. Please don't hurt me. " The Doctor was very calm and explained the procedure before giving him the stitches. He was well-behaved throughout the procedure.

Ryan received two stitches. It is likely he will get a black right eye. The stitches will be taken out on Tuesday.

After he was done, I took him to a nearby Starbuck and got him a small cup of Chai Tea. (He loves it, just like his mother.) Then, we returned to school. Everyone was checking on how he was. He was explaining what happened at school, and what did the doctor did on him. Today he was the center of attention at school.

5 comments:

daisy said...

awww that reminds of me when i was young! i was excited about something so i ran to the front door and i assumed i lost my balance with new pairs of shiny black shoes and fell down, the door end pointed into my upper eye just like ryans!! got stiches etc... ryans a toughie going back to school on the same day! wowow! wish him a speedy recovery! hugs

C and B Scene said...

How sad. I hope it doesn't leave a scar on that beautiful face. But if it does just tell him that the scar is a badge of honor for living adventurously. People who live life to be safe also live a boring life.

Mom/CC

Furry Bottoms said...

Good boy for him being brave to get stitches!!! Poor guy... he might have a little scar there but it will not be that visible I think because of his gorgeous long thick eyelashes!!!

Furry Bottoms said...

Laura, on my blog I am not "more popular" it is only because I am going out there and looking for people to draw so they can see my store. Deafies don't buy my stuff, so I guess hearing people might more likely to buy my beaded jewelry... I hope Ryan is feeling OK today.

Mandee said...

that makes me so sad! I hope he's all better!