Monday, May 18, 2009

Unexpected Visitor

Don't we all have our life-time getting unexpected visitor in our home? We know there are times we enjoyed getting surprise visitor. Another time, we had wished we didn't answer the door. Have you done that? I'm guilty!

For the past ten years of my teaching, I have had a baby lizard jumping on my over head projector. It scared the heck out of me. This made my students laughed so hard because they enjoyed seeing a teacher (me) being startled while I was trying to teach. Not too soon after the lizard roaming around, we got another visitor. It was a gray/black tabby kitten. Eventually, the kitten became the school mascot. His name was "Nekko."

Years later, it happened today. One of my youngest students pointed and signed, "bird." Good enough, she was right. The Blue Jay flew by in my classroom, and greeted us. The problem the bird was trying to fly outside when he/she was looking out the window. I had tried to open the windows for the bird. This bird kept banging toward to the window because he/she was frightened.

I have also tried to open the other side of windows to let the bird know that he/she could go out. For some reason, this "nitwit" bird did not have any concept. Perhaps, he/ she is a special education bird. Finally, the Blue Jay flew out of the classroom door. I felt better that he/she did not get himself/herself killed in a front of us.

No comments: