Monday, May 11, 2009

Life Cycle of Butterflies

Shortly after Spring Break, we received two cans of caterpillars in a mail. Each cans had five caterpillars with food for them to eat.

Finally after two long weeks, ten butterflies emerged out of their pupas. This was a stimulating moments for all of us. I enjoyed watching my students' eyes as their world opened about the Life Cycle. It was IMMENSE to see lots of real life activities for them to comprehend. My sons even had the chance to see them changing over the last two weeks, too. It excited me, so did I!

3 comments:

C and B Scene said...

What kind of butterflies are they?
Mom/CC

Laura and the family said...

The butterflies are Monarch. We will be releasing tomorrow - May 14th. I already invited my boss, the principal to witness the release. At the same time, she told me that she needs to take one of the combo class which is Dylan and his 2nd graders for an hour and a half while the 3rd graders are taking their last SAT.

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

Ugly little suckers when they are babies, ugh!