Monday, September 10, 2007

Deaf Trivia

As I have read so many blogs, I often see the bloggers leaving cooking recipes. Unfortunately, I don't cook fancy as much as many of you sound like you do.

Instead of leaving the cooking recipes, I thought it suits me well by giving you Deaf Trivia since I'm a deaf educator. All you can do to give me your best shot answers. Then, I will give you the answers next week.

1. Throughout the history, many hearing people thought there were ways to "cure" deafness. What were they?

a. Take opium
b. Heat your urine using two dishes, and use the water that boils off, in the ear. The water in the ear will stop the deafness.
c. Stick a twig in the ear and keep it there all day and night until the deafness is cured
d. All above

2. Which country invented the first world school for the deaf ?

a. England
b. France
c. United States

3. What is the most common that the children born deaf during 1960's?

a. Listen to the Loud Music
b. Rubella (German Measles)
c. Taking Drugs

4. What else did not Helen Keller do in her life besides traveling all over the world?

a. Graduated with an Honor Roll from Radliff College
b. Wrote several books, magazines, articles for the newspapers, and poem
c. Teaching other deaf and blind people to read and write

5. What year did the Cochlear Implants invent ?

a. 1990
b. 1790
c. 1890

6. Does all Manual Finger spellings and Sign Language have the universe signs ?

a. True
b. False


Besides leaving you pondering whether you got your answers correctly, I thought I'd to leave you the Manual Finger spellings. This is the best way to start communicating with any deaf person you meet before learning to sign.

2 comments:

Deby said...

Ok, here are my answers:

1. d
2. b
3. b
4. a
5. a
6. a However, in my travels the only difference has been the letter "t" which in Europe is a symbol for asking someone to sleep with them. It is considered vulgar.

Anonymous said...

I find it no problem accepting the fact that all Manual Finger spellings and Sign Language have universal sighs. They all have to have a foundation. That is why that the answer has to be true.