Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dylan's Proudest Day

A night before a big day for Dylan, I told Dylan that I have a something surprise for him. He was anxious to know what was it, but of course, I told him that he had to wait until the next day. That didn't make him very happy to know that I am keeping a secret from him. I knew if it would be worth to wait until the next day.

Today, I attended his school to watch him getting an award. Before he was getting an award, I was sitting and waiting for him to arrive in auditorium. He then was delighted to see me being there, but I figured he didn't know why until his name was being called.

When Ms. Farwell, the principal called his name for getting the Highest Academic Achievement Award. Unexpectedly, he was jumping up and down as if he was a rabbit in a front of the other teachers, parents, and students. Boy, he was so proud and held his certificate in a front of the audience. He returned to his seat where I could see him. The interpreters and I could see him signing to me, "Mom, aren't you proud of me?" Isn't that cute?

Throughout the award, there were several songs for the Kindergarten to Second graders. His current teacher, Mrs. Lampshire clearly is an outgoing person. She showed a lot of dramatic during the songs. Once it ended, she stated that she was so proud of him. So
am I ! Dylan asked me before he returned to his class if he would get something rewarding. I asked him what was it !?! I did expect him either was a new toy or getting a Jamba Juice. Boy, I was wrong. He instead wanted me to buy him more new books from Scholastic! Isn't that wonderful to know that he would rather to read books than getting tons of toy junks!?

Before he returned to his class, Ms. Farwell, the principal passed by the students. She was using the pink hopping because the school has earned more than 100 Parent Teacher Assocation (P.T.A.) members. Dylan, of course, pleaded me to pay for the P.T.A. because he REALLY WANTS to see the principal kissing the LIVE PIG if the school earns over 200 members. They only have 40 more to go ! In fact, she is soon to be married in October. Her finance' will be there to watch her kissing the live pig once the PTA earns 200 members.

As I was about to head for home, I was stopped and introduced by the President of the PTA. She stated that she volunteered in my son's class because she also has a daughter in it. Anyway, she told me that, "Dylan is a darling cute boy. I really love having him in my daughter's class. He is a fun boy. " It was GREAT hearing the positive things about Dylan !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell Dylan Bruce and I are very proud of his academic achievement as well. I want him to read me a bok when we see him in November.

Deby said...

Right on! Give him a huge hug from all of us and tell him how proud we all are of him. If he keeps this up, he may get to be as smart as Katya is when he is 13. ;)

It's cool to be smart!