Friday, November 30, 2007

Do You Think It's Reliable?

This idea was coming from my sister in law, Deby. It caught my attention. Frankly, I had skeptical because I was not sure if this would tell you the correct information that I went to a graduate program. It was due to that writing was not my best subject (still is not my strength.)

Without a doubt, it left me a lot of pondering how the readability test knew that I actually graduated from a university; though I had a personal writing editor throughout my college years. My best guess is that it read my entire blog-- one of the posts mentioned about my career. That probably gave it away!

Or, when we all had to fill our blog out, it asked basic informations about us that include our educational background. Isn't that correct? What do you think?

cash advance

So why not try to give yourself a test, and see if it matches to your background experience?!

http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

5 comments:

Deby said...

That does it! I'm going back to school!!

Mandee said...

That is awesome! This just proves you really are smarter than the rest of us!

Laura and the family said...

Definitely it has NOTHING to do with my intelligent. I personally think it was a random.

Anonymous said...

Duh....it was just for fun....but for intelligence-focused activities...no biggie deal!

Anonymous said...

There is a formula called "the FOG INDEX" which can be used tofor figureout what grade level you write for. Basically it counts the number of sentences in something your have written, the number of words you have in a sentence and the number of syllables in each sentence to determine what grade level you write for. Check it out at http://www.fpd.finop.umn.edu/groups/ppd/documents/information/writing_tips.cfm (CEC)