Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Locked Out



Have you ever had any experience having your own child/children locking you out? It happened to me a couple of times.

A night before my sons went to bed, I asked Ryan which clothes he would like to wear for the next day. So, he picked the clothes out and put it on the top of the linden. The next morning, I put Ryan's clothes on. Unexpectedly,he was unnerved to find his "white" top even though it was his choice. He ran downstairs and locked himself in a guest bathroom's door!

I've tried to flatter him to come out by offering his breakfast meal, hugs, picking him all the way to the van (though he is able to walk to the van most to himself), etc. It didn't work. Dylan just interpreted what he had said to me, " Ryan is laughing, " "No, I don't want to come out!" "No, I don't want a breakfast!" But he was behaving in an ambivalent mood!

Of course, I had an extra key for the keyhole. Frankly, I am not very good at it. I had hoped Ryan would open the door (he knows how to lock and unlocked the door.) It took us forty five minutes for him to come out, and we were already late for work and school!!!

For the first time, we were tardy for school/work since the school began. I had to call the schools. They both thought it was hilarious, but not me!

Yet, it was not the first time it happened to me.

1) Dylan locked our master room door when he was 20 months old with a shower and toilet while I had Ryan, who was five months old. I was nervous wrecked, but fortunately the next door neighbor had a son who works for Locksmith.

2) Both kids locked me out in the backyard while they were in the house, laughing at me in a front of the sliding door! It took them a while to open the sliding door. (Dylan was 3 and Ryan was 1 1/2)

3) Not only having kids locking the doors, I accidentally locked my husband out in the dark until 11 PM. Good thing, it was only twenty minutes after I figured why David was not in the house. It took him a while to unfastened his anger toward me!

No comments: