Monday, November 12, 2007

Who Has Been Tagged?

It is me who has been tagged by my sister in law, Deby. I have been tagged before, but not on blog. In the past, I have run away and broke the game rules. She left me a guilty trip if I had run away for not doing this game. But this time, I wanted to get it off my shoulder, and get some good night sleep!

Here are seven things you will learn more about me.

1) My youngest Aunt Lori and I are the only ones in the family can shake our eyeballs. I discovered my genetic talent at age seven after Lori showed it to me. Seeing my eyeballs shaking leave a lot of people errie feelings.

2. I skipped a grade from Pre-school to first grade. On my first day of school, I was feeling devastated, watching all of my "former" classmates playing in their pre-school/kindergarten playground by looking through the chicken coop.

3. During my junior high school year, I ordered my classmates to be my body guards. Pretending to be Nancy Drew, I used my bobbin pin to open one of the teachers' classroom door during the Snack Time. I found a carton of cigarettes and flushed ALL OF THEM in the girl's toilet without being seen by teachers.

4. While I was traveling with a classmate's family for three weeks in the Midwest, I discovered the fireflies for the first time in my life. I automatically knew how the light worked, but my classmate didn't. She asked me how the fireflies got their lights. Without a doubt, I made my own story up by telling her that "Humans put the hearing aid batteries in the fireflies' bodies." Boy,she bought the story and ran up to her mom. At the end, I got a scold from her mom who was not pleased for making this story up to her daughter.

5. I once saved a deaf woman's life, who was in early 80's. On that night, I was playing UNO with deaf parents, and deaf friends. The deaf mother became weaker and weaker, so I questioned about her symptoms. I automatically knew it was a sign of having a stroke. From there, I called 911 through by Telephone Device for the Deaf. At first, they hung up on me. I had to tell them over the speaker to use the TDD and ordered to have fireman and an ambulance to come. When the firemen came, they thought I was wrong. But my instinct didn't stop me, so I was being bold and told them to take her to the hospital where they had a sign language interpreter. By the time, she arrived in a hospital where the doctor and interpreter were waiting for her. In a few minutes later, the doctor told the fireman in a front of me that I was right!

6. I was one of the Keynotes for my High School graduation in a front of approximate 600-1000 people. ( It took me five months to practice on my speech without telling anyone except for my parents and speech therapist.) After giving a speech, some of the strangers came up asking me, " Is it true that you are completely deaf?" Boy, I felt so good about that for all of my hard work.

7. Last, I am very good at sensing something is not right.(That was my husband David says so.) From my husband's point of views, he sees that my talents that I can observe a person's need and to help from there -- mostly in education field. When it has nothing to do with educating someone, I once in a while wake up in the middle of the night and sense something wasn't right of someone I know.

I'm tagging, Ginny, "Medications of the Pany Family, " and Mom, "C and B Scene." I couldn't bare to dare to tag to the people I don't know. That's the only thing I am bending rule number three except I did state 7 new things about me.

The guidelines are:
1 Link the person who has tagged you
2 Tell seven true things about yourself
3 Tag seven new people
4 Leave a message with the person you have tagged so they know about it

2 comments:

Deby said...

You can shake your eyes? That is cooler than me wiggling my ears!

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

You and Deby are proud examples of our exceptionally talented family.
I am very good at belching on command and Ryan was very impressed thank you.