Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day with Grandparents

A Day after Thanksgiving, we all decided to have some fun for the day while my hard working husband had to go to work.

Before we had our left over Thanksgiving for lunch, my mom, the boys and I decided to go out to a nearby Border's. Their eyes lit it up when they heard we were heading for bookstore. Yep, they loved to read books after my generous mom spoiled them by buying the books they wanted.

Dylan got few books especially his first series book, "Dinosaurs Before Dark" from Magic Tree House. Once he got a book from Grandma Jacobs, he was already hooked to the book. In fact, I never or ever dreamt that he would complete an entire book, 68 pages! Now, he wanted more of these new books. Apparently, he will have to get it more for Christmas, especially from Santa Claus. (Later, I found him tucking his book under his arm while sleeping in his bed.)

Ryan was also an avid reader. He read briefly to Grandma Jacobs, " The Fat Cat Sat on the Mat." Yep, he can read basic books on his own. But, he would rather to look/read at Trains Book, his obsession hobby.

After we got back from Border's, we all went out to Miniature Golf for the first time in our sons' life. Their eyes grew bigger when we walked in Boomer's Place. Both my mom and I tried to teach Dylan and Ryan on how to play golf. Actually, they knew what was the objective for the game. It took them a while to make into each hole.

Dylan was a challenge ones because he is a left- handed. We had to teach him the opposite way of how we used to swing our golf. He was being in a good sportsmanship throughout the game while teaching him the proper way to use the putter.

Ryan was doing pretty good at the game. He usually stroke the first ball, and then he would pick the golf ball up to be near the hole. He would make an attemption to get in each hole.

As for me, it was quite some time since I played miniature golf. I did play poorly at the first few holes. My average per hole was 3 until the last hole. I only swung once on my last hole. Too bad, I did not do the entire miniature golf game; otherwise, I would have beat my step father in law in the game !

Bruce, my step father was the winner. It was because he had the advantage of practicing the game in his home town where they have over 25 miniature golfs in that area !

The best part of was none of us had our golf balls in the man-made water! No matter who won the game, we all had a marvelous time ! Even better, it was a great way of getting to know each other.

In the evening, we had delivery pizzas in our home while we were able to sit and chat at the table ! The laughter had relax our day.

No comments: