Sunday, April 20, 2008

Game Boy

A few months ago, we bought Game Boys Advanced SP for our two sons. My husband thought it would be great for the boys developing their skills: in theory. I assumed it would be impossible for the boys to be good at the game because I never did well in logic!

They had proven me 100 percent wrong. I was pretty amazed to see how fast they had learned to play the game without reading the instruction. (Pretty typical of men, huh? They got the traits from their dad.) Even though, I only allowed them to play for a short period of time, and use other skills wisely.

Dylan especially likes to play with any teenage games such as: That's So Raven and Kim Impossible. After he played a couple of times, he requested for a new game called, "Cory in the House" Game Boys Advanced. I must admit that I had a doubt that any store would have "Cory in the House" Game Boy. I definitely was wrong while I was browsing through by Internet. How would he know what kind of the game they had out there? He must have listened to one of his friends at school talking about the Game Boy.

Dylan was not the only ones who likes to play with the Game Boy. His younger brother also likes to play Game Boy. But he prefers to play other kind of games such as Super Mario Advance and Sonic the Hedgehog. I have seen him laughing while playing with the Game Boy. I especially know he would be surprised to see when we get him a Game Boy of "Hot Wheels" for his upcoming 6th birthday. He is the kind of a person who likes to see anything that goes fast.

The system is more than just a game. It helped to entertain themselves or kill their boredom on a road. It does capture them into a climax when they were striving for a target, or jumping on the ladder while focusing on their own game.

3 comments:

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

It will also encourage fine motor skills, problem solving, and the biggie, they will be quiet!!!

Deby said...

Danae has loved hers for years. Maybe you can get with Ginger and do a Gameboy game rotation so you can mix it up a little without breaking the bank.

It will be awesome for when you come up here this Christmas with the boys - in your new car. Mom told me about your plans. I'm jealous.

Furry Bottoms said...

I remember back in the old days... Atari!! Nintendo (original one). Gameboys are really cool. I am saving up for a Wii... I heard it is really good to get you active instead of just sitting on your butt playing with your hands... you have to get up and actually move physically to play certain games. Bowling, golf, baseball, etc etc.