Saturday, April 26, 2008

Miss??

Do you remember when you first learn to use "Miss, Mr. Mrs" appropriately when you write your name? I don't actually remember when I finally learned to use "Miss. Laura." But I believe it was sometimes when I was in a second grade writing a letter to my tooth fairy.

But today's society, many schools expect children to learn at younger age in writing, reading and so forth. I have witnessed both of my sons learned at an early age including knowing their full names. Dylan had learned to spell his entire name when he was in pre-school. Ryan just learned to write his full name when he was in Kindergarten.

However, who ever thought about teaching the young kids to write such as "Miss, Mr. or Mrs.?" Dylan already knows the difference, except for Ryan who is confused to know the difference between these three formal signature names.

With my knowledge, he spoke his name out loud before writing his name out on a paper. When I saw what he had written, I thought it was too cute to share it with you.

I immediately knew why he was confused . It was because his mainstream Language Art teacher is not married. He probably assumed everyone is "Miss." In fact, I had tried to explain it to him. He firmly declared it to me, "Mom, you are wrong!" So, I wrote a small note to his teacher because I know he would listen to her better than me. Let's hope he eventually will learn the correct way of using the formal signature instead of using "Miss."

1 comment:

Deby said...

That is a hard thing to learn. Katya had the hardest time accepting that I was a Ms. for so many years. Not Miss and not Mrs.... just Ms.