Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bon Voyage Party

Have you had a family Bon Voyage Party? I didn't until last Saturday with all of my husband's family. There were twenty-five of us attending the Bon Voyage Party at my parents in law's house. This time it was my parents in law's idea by taking us to Disney Cruise. Yep, you are right there will be twenty five of us going on a Disney Cruise for a week, starting on July 4th, 2009. That is a perfect gift because it will be our tenth anniversary.

After we all settled from eating our delicious hefty meal, we started playing our Disney game. The first game was having all of 14 grandchildren standing in the line. Each of them had to find their own suitcase with a name on it. The adults counted the numbers down 3.. 2.. 1.. BLAST OFF for the children to find their own suitcase. Their high energies had kept them going until they discovered their own personal suitcase. That involved the younger kids finding their own little character suitcases such as Hello Kitty, Spiderman, Cars, and Thomas and His Friends. My kids got their own favorite color suitcase: Orange and Red.

Once each of them has their own suitcase, we started playing Disney Trivia games. The younger kids had three basic questions: What is the name of the Cruise? Where will we be flying out? and Name of the seven dwarfs. Dylan was in a second place. He was not pleased to be in a second place. What a bad sportsmanship he was in! As a result, it was due that he was exhausted from staying up late watching the Fireworks. He ended up taking a two hour nap in his grandparents' guest room. As for the teenagers, they were asked about the longitude, latitude and few other questions. There was no loser in the trivia game. Every kid was a winner. The prize was getting their own goggles, flip flops and towels.

The teenagers ended up watching "Golden Compass" in their grandparents' room. Some of them laid on a floor in a front of the T.V. Others were lying on a very soft bed. (I wished I had that kind of a bed.) The younger kids were out playing with the toys out in the patio. One of my nephews enjoyed spilling the really COLD water over my feet. Boy, it was really cold but it felt so good. His innocent made me laugh.

Before the evening fell, one of the family members had to leave for home: Utah. It was awful a long way for them just to come to the Bon Voyage Party. Still, we will see them for an entire week on a Disney Cruise. That would be an exciting for all of us to get to know each other a whole lot better.

That even include visiting on Cast Away Cay Island that Disney owns the island. We only have 362 more days left to go !!! OH, all of us can't wait to go on a Disney Cruise.

3 comments:

Mandee said...

We made it home! We were sad to leave, but had a great time with you guys! And so sorry that Jack was dumping cold water on your feet.

Laura and the family said...

Oh Mandee, I am glad you all arrived home safe and sound.

Don't feel bad about having Jack dumping the cold water on my feet. His innocent made me laugh.

Deby said...

Ok, I need all the pics off of your camera! You always get the best shots.

I'm so happy that everyone was there on Saturday. I miss all you guys and I love being able to visit with everyone, even though our visits are way too short for my liking.

Feel the love comin' at you Utah, Chula Vista and Temecula!!