Friday, July 25, 2008

Highlights of the Week

There were few highlights we have had this ZANY week especially Dylan and Ryan. They brought us a lot of headaches, yet made us smile for a life time.

The first highlight was when we received a package. Ryan was SO curious what was in the box. The first thing he took out was plastic air bubbles. He enjoyed jumping ups and downs because Ryan loved the sounds of the pops. Soon, Dylan joined the club. Good grief, my husband and I are deaf. Thus, we did not get any headache on this part of the highlights of this week.

As soon Dylan got tired of popping the air bubbles, he went out to the garage to play with his Hot Wheels and Cars. The boys kept their toys in the "playroom" garage. Know what I discovered in the garage? Dylan created all of his Hot Wheels and Cars in color categories. Frankly, he had always been that way since he was toddler. At the same time, he influenced Ryan to do the same habits. Oh boy, I currently am dealing my two sons who are becoming PERFECTIONISTS!
The third highlight was Ryan found several ways to keep himself busy. One was that he discovered his new hobby by taking all of the couch pillows out of the couch, piled it up and laid on the top of the pillows. His favorite comment, " Look what I made a big mountain. I will climb it up. " He especially liked giving me a hard time while I was either trying to vacuum under the couch or putting the pillows back where it belonged. Ryan would not give it up until he was about to go to bed. He just giggled at me when I got frustrated. He is expert on turning my frustration down then put my smiling face on, just like his dad.

Last, this one happened nearly every day of this week. Both Dylan and Ryan found their new adventures: running through the sprinkles and jumping in the mud. When Ryan saw the sprinkles went on in our backyard, Ryan yelled at Dylan, "The sprinkles are on. Let's put our bathing suits on." If I had stopped them, they would say, "Oh come on, we need the fun!" Who could argue with them? The worst part was watching them filling the mud all over their body. But the FUN part was hosing the COLD water on them. However, I disliked washing their dirty bathing suits or mopping the kitchen floor at everytime they dripped the dirts nearby our backyard screen door.
Even though, they had drove me NUTS all this week, but my memories with lots of smiling faces last me a life time. I would not want to trade anything.

2 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! Boys will be boys, and you're such a good mom. I got your text earlier with the picture of Ryan at that educational center-- I was out when I got it and didnt get to respond but you are very mindful of everything they do. I wish all parents were like you! :)

Cathy/Grandma/Mom said...

Laura, you need to know that reading this blog is as if I am sharing your days and lives. I feel more connected, thank you, it is such a lovely thing to share this window into your life.