Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fun on our 4th of July!

Every year, we spend the 4th of July with David's family to chat, play, eat and watch the fireworks. Each of us was supposed to bring our meat for lunch and dinner. This time, I brought hot dogs because there were many other meat: chickens, hamburgers and few other meats. This time, I only ate mostly vegetables and fruits. It is not that I am vegetarian.

Then after all of us especially the kids were stuffed from lunch, it was time for the kids to do something fun. I brought a Super ball Sprayer. The kids LOVED it. They even like drinking water. At first, my youngest nephew, Logan was not happy to get himself wet. But with the heat, he started begging to drink more water. Soon my other nieces copied Logan.

But not Dylan and Ryan ! They were consumed with the water. Dylan, my older son grabbed his beach towel, took it over where the water squirting was, and had his towel over his head. Ryan decided to revenge his water by shooting the water at him. Dylan kept saying, "Stop Ryan!" Of course, Ryan wouldn't listen.

Not too long after the kids playing with the water, each of the kids had Firecracker Popsicle. OH, what a perfect treat! The next year for the treat would be a Home-made Ice Cream. That would be fun for all of us, including kids sitting on a cold little barrel. Even better, we can even make a home made ice cream sandwich. Does it make your mouth watering ?

I brought more activities for the kids to do for the 4th of July. I purchased the Bubble Generator. Boy, they loved it. Their giggles made all of us smiling. That included my husband, David. It lasted for a few minutes before we had to settle themselves down before the younger kids headed for home. Yet, we stayed for the fireworks.
By nine pm, my kids were the only ones stayed up late to watch the fireworks from the backyard while the other nieces and nephews went home early. Ryan jumped ups and downs at every time the fireworks appeared. He just laughed and loved it! We could feel the wooden porch being bounced. Right after it ended, we all hit the road until we arrived home.

1 comment:

Deby said...

Again - cute pics!! I really like the one of David with the bubbles.

Thanks for bringing the water balloon and bubble stuff. Alexis and Logan loved them!