Thursday, July 31, 2008

Feeling Guilty

Today, my two sons and I ran errands all morning. One of the errands was stopping by Jamba Juice after the boys got their hair cut before the school resumes.

While we were ordering a drink for Dylan, I caught Ryan was playing with the Orange Squeezer machine at the display counter. I have asked him to stop playing with the machine. He somehow broke one of the rubbers at the bottom of the foundation machine.

The manager told me that I was responsible to pay for the breaking machine, even though it was ONLY ONE of the bottom rubber. Image that one machine would have cost me $99 dollars. I held my tear and told her, "I am aware of it. I simply will do the hot glue when I get home." She saw that thing easily could be fixed it. She went back in the room. While she was in the back of the room, Ryan got very upset and said, "I will not touch NO MORE!," loud with full of tears. Of course, I was embrassed and upset that this was the first I was responsible to pay for the broken item.

When she came out from the back of the room, she decided to drop the charge on me. Whew! Still, I felt REALLY guilty about this. Nevertheless, I certainly hope it taught both of my sons a valuable lesson NOT to play with any displays.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

OH no!!!! I am so glad that lady was so nice to drop the charge! That was really nice of her!

Deby said...

Whew! Thankfully the woman didn't make you pay for it. And hopefully the kids learned the reason you say not to touch things.

Cheryl said...

I remember how freaked out I'd get when shopkeepers would tell me not to touch stuff as a kid. Poor Ryan. I'm sure he learned his lesson and then some.