Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ice Cream

Have you had a slightest idea about the History of an Ice Cream? Don't let this watering you until you finish reading this post. It started out around May 13, 1872, the Puget Sound Ice Company, headed by Capt. Marshall Blinn, imported ice from the Sierra Nevada Mountains and began selling it in Seattle. Would that be interesting if Puget Sound Ice Company still standing?

Since we are not in Seattle, the boys and I instead headed out for 31 Baskin-Robbins Flavor Ice Cream nearby our home. Robbins opened his first ice cream store in Glendale, Calif., in December 1945, following his discharge from the Army. Have you ever thought about how did the store's name came up? Actually, I learned from reading the information the name came from the founder's last name (Irvine Robbins) and his late brother in law's last name. Today, Baskin-Robbins is part of Dunkin' Brands Inc. and has more than 5,800 franchises worldwide.

Recently, the founder had died in his sleep about two months ago. In honor of his ice cream invention, the boys got their afternoon special treat from me. You bet, they were delighted when I announced that I would take them out for an ice cream. It was a PERFECT timing for me to take them out because of today's special: it only cost me a dollar per scoops and fifty cent for the topping. I only paid four dollars.

Dylan had the same taste as his dad. He picked out two scoops of Mint Chocolate Chips with rainbow sprinkles. He was satisfied. Ryan had a total opposite of choice of an ice cream flavor. He loved a pure CHOCOLATE FUDGE ice cream with rainbow sprinkles. Again, the choice of an ice cream was coming from his dad's taste. I'm not into Chocolate at all. I would rather to have Home-made Vanilla Bean, Praline Cream or Reese's. But this time I was not in the mood of having an ice cream. Next time will do!

If you were here with me, I would pay you for a special ice cream treat. What would it be your choice of an ice cream? Have I convince you enough to go out for an ice cream?

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm with Dylan: chocolate mint. Cookie dough and Maui Brownie Madness and anything with chunks of peanut butter or chocolate are also good. Actually, as long as it's ice cream I'm happy.

Heather said...

My favorite is Gold Medal Ribbon at Baskin-Robbins.