Monday, July 28, 2008

Ceramic + Painting = FUN

What to kill the summer boredom??? Go out and do something new you have never done. My sons never gone out to do the ceramic painting. Actually, the idea of going to Ceramic was coming from my friend, Nikki who went out with her nieces a couple of weeks ago. So, I thought it was a perfect way to use our afternoon time.

The boys took their time to look at what they like to paint their FIRST pottery ceramic. Dylan chose a dachshund dog. It is because he has three Webkidz puppies on the top of his bedroom's computer. He broke his puppy just before I paid for his first ceramic puppy. He was SO UPSET and CRIED! Fortunately, the cash register had a soft heart by dismissing the charge on me and let him to get another one before he started painting his puppy.

Ryan chose a "Hot-Wheels" car. That was an excellent choice because he loves CARS! Not only loving cars, he likes to play with other things in his room. But to paint the first car was an awesome choice.

While I was watching the boys painting their first ceramic, I was pretty amazed how well they picked the colors, and painted on their item. For example, Ryan painted black for the wheels. Dylan picked blue eyes because he has BLUE eyes. Are the kids' mind amazing?

As for me, I chose a heart vase. It suits for all year around-- loving everyone: my friends and family as well. It would be interesting how my art skill turns out when the boys and I come out to pick our items up next Monday. Yet, it was worth to do something fun by trying out something new instead of mopping around watching T.V. all day.

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

OOOOH that IS a lot of fun!! I am gald you went to have this experience with your boys. I hope all your pieces come out looking wonderful! :)

Anonymous said...

me wanna go!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr theres no such shops here in germany :(( but i did told a friend i want to enjoy day out having lunch then go to color me shop in CA, shall be fun-- by the way great pieces you all got!

Deby said...

You are such a good mama! Their works of art are awesome.