Thursday, December 4, 2008

Driver License

While I was supervising the boys taking a shower before they hit for bed, Ryan asked me an unexpected question, "Do you have a driver license?" I replied that it was in my wallet. Both Dylan and Ryan jumped into further conversation. They wished they were sixteen years old so they can drive. Heck, why would my six and seven year old sons want to drive NOW????

I told them that they are not allowed to drive unless they show me their good behaviors and grades all the way through high school. They whined. As soon they got out of a shower, Ryan pleaded to see my driver license.

Ryan set up the pretending car and got a silver bowl out of my lower kitchen cabinet. He started pretending driving a van. Then, Dylan wanted to start driving while Ryan was pretending being a passenger (same as for Dylan who played DS Ninteno.) Dylan commented, "Now, I am driving your silver van. " I was amazed how far they think of wishing they are sixteen years old.

Isn't it scary for kids to think far ahead of their future life?

3 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

Very Creative!!! I remember when a childhood friend of mine and I were about 8 or 9 years old, and we were already fantasitizing what it would be like in year 2000... at that time we would have been 18 to 29 yrs old.... We were thinking UFO's and all these fancy technology where we didn't have to do ANYTHING and robots would do everything for us. Funny, huh? :)unmlit

Deby said...

Very clever! They have wonderful imaginations.

C and B Scene said...

I pray for you all.. Please start explaining the cost of insurance for male teeangers to them right now. If you get it in the heads now.that your might not be able to afford them driving at 16, they don't think you are being mean parents when they have to get a job to pay for there insurance and gas when they pass drivers ed. Mom/CC