Thursday, December 11, 2008

Mental Health Day

Of course, I'm not seeking a counselor today. It is just that I have decided to take a Mental Health Day off from work when I am not actually sick. I have been SO BEHIND doing the errands when I was so busy juggling everything especially when I am a full-time mom and a teacher with high energy kids!

1) I have not posted my Thanksgiving and Wii Blog. Thus, I must change my grade from a "F" to "C" for putting it up late.

2) Have lots of presents to wrap before going up to Oregon and Washington for our two weeks break. It is better than doing without my kids around, including peeking the presents. That includes wrapping the Christmas presents for Dylan. He has been asking me, "Where are the presents for me and Ryan? I promise I won't peek the gifts." Nice try kid!

3) Doing all of the laundry clothes and dumping the trash out of the kitchen. The piles are getting bigger and messier next to each other. That's not me. Otherwise, it will drive me NUTS!!!! Of course, in a small factor, I admit that I can be a "Type A" once in a while.

4) Now, I needed to put our Christmas Newsletters that I just finished typing on Christmas Letters. That includes putting our family pictures. This time, it seems a lot slower than I had done in the past. Perhaps, being aging affects my pace.

I could go on and complain the lists I have to do... but at least, I have a peace of mind without a husband and my boys around. Of course, I didn't tell them my plan on staying home from work. Otherwise, the boys would whine and wanted to stay home with me. As for David, he probably wants to be around with me, and catching the errands. up. I must admit that I noticed I do a lot faster when no one is around. That is very sweet of him. It does not mean I don't love him... it is MY MENTAL HEALTH DAY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve a mental day off!!! I wish I could have one....but ironically, Davon wasn't feeling good and did not go to school so he needed my TLC esp with the food. Again, you are so deserving regardless!!!

C and B Scene said...

You should take more of them. and yes it is amazing how much more we getdone when the guys aren't around. Mom/CC

Deby said...

Good for you. Whenever I have some alone time, I can be WAY more productive. Totally get it.

I can't wait to see you guys!!